Most women dream of full and long lashes yet some of us have no time for several-hour treatments by a pro lash artist. Sometimes, we are extremely pressed for time, and want the effects done in a minute, literally. Is there a way to achieve that? Yes, many of them actually!
Mascara for Length or Volume
Mascara is a women's must-have. No exceptions. Most of us can't imagine a makeup bag without it or going out without defined lashes. What do such mascaras do?
A proper set of ingredients in a mascara for volume applies across the lashes easily and envelopes them from the roots. At the same time, it separates them precisely, preventing clumps. The lash line is fuller immediately, and sometimes we even achieve the eyeliner-like results, adding amazing definition to the eye.
Mascara for length works in a similar way. Its texture is thick enough to sit on lash tips leaving them longer right off.
By applying more coats, you can enhance the lash look easily. You can also use a 2-in-1 mascara and enjoy thickening as well as lengthening effects, which is done in seconds! Remember to always apply your mascara on perfectly-clean, oil-free lashes so that you can enjoy the longest-lasting results.
What Is a Clear Mascara and Is It Worth It?
If you are not fully satisfied with your mascara and you are not a fan of applying more product, you can add a mascara primer to your makeup kit. This popular colorless mascara is used before applying a regular mascara. What does it do exactly?
- It thickens eyelashes; such a product envelopes lashes to build more volume before you apply your regular mascara.
- It lengthens eyelashes; the cosmetic sits on eyelash tips to extend the lashes, plus improves lash elasticity to create noticeable curl.
- It is long-wearing; as soon as the primer dries, it is able to make mascara cling better, plus it is resistant to humidity and temperature changes to prevent mascara smudging and flaking.
- It preps lashes for mascara application; a mascara primer leaves lashes easier to manage and separate to guarantee even coverage across smooth lashes.
- It has extra nourishing properties; such products are packed with nutrients that improve eyelash hair, strengthening, boosting elasticity and locking hydration in.
How to Use Clear Mascara?
Application of a mascara primer is uncomplicated.
- Make sure your lashes are clean. Use your regular face cleanser or try a special brow and lash shampoo.
- Take the wand out of the tube and remove the product excess; wipe it off on the tube or use a tissue.
- Start applying the mascara primer on the base of lashes, the same way you apply mascara. Wiggle the wand back and forth to make sure even the shortest lash hair is covered.
- Wait until the primer dries; 30 seconds will do. One coat is perfectly enough. Now you can apply your mascara.
Tip: If you want to extend the life of your mascara primer, try not to pump the air into the tube. When putting the wand back, twist it inside the tube to avoid the air getting into the bottle.
Does Mascara Primer Need to Dry Before You Apply Mascara?
Yes, it should dry before you apply your mascara. There are confusing opinions over the Internet but such a product has a specific formula which works on lashes in a specific way. Mixing it with mascara may affect its properties and make it work worse. Always apply the mascara after the primer dries.
Henna on Lashes - Natural Thickening
Using henna on lashes is a natural and effective way to get thicker lashes and deepen their color at the same time. Mixed with water, it turns into a paste that you apply on lashes. Henna does not penetrate the hair; it envelopes the lashes making them much thicker.
The henna herb is rich in ingredients that nourish eyelashes, and the formed coating protects them from damage. To learn more about henna and lash tinting, keep reading our post.
Loose Powder on Lashes - Simple Trick for Thicker, Longer Lashes
What if there is no mascara primer in your makeup bag and you really want your lashes to look fuller and longer? Try a simple trick from celebrity makeup artists. It is loose powder.
The trick may seem surprising yet it really works. Women love this hack and share their results on TikTok and Instagram. Even the poorest-quality mascaras stay on lashes all day without smudging or flaking. Still, the real lengthening and thickening effects are the best thing about it. The combo of mascara and powder creates a thick paste which envelopes lashes, building up on their tips.
Loose Powder on Lashes. How to Use It?
There are two popular ways you can find over the Internet. Here's the first one. You take the mascara wand out of the tube, coat it in the loose powder, and put it back into the tube. We don't recommend this method, though. Getting the powder into the bottle may change the mascara formula and simply ruin it; the product will become useless.
Getting an extra brush is a way better option. Here's our step-by-step guide to creating lash length and volume with loose powder.
- Clean your lashes precisely.
- Use a lash curler for a lash lifting effect.
- Apply the first coat of your mascara. Do it as precisely as possible, wiggling the wand back and forth.
- Time for loose powder. Apply a small amount of the product on a makeup brush, ideally a fluffy one, and transfer it onto the lashes. Ideally, don't touch the brush on the hairs but gently shake the powder off on them. Wait for a few seconds to let powder blend with the wet mascara.
- Apply one more mascara coat - it will be combined with the powder and the first mascara layer.
How to Thicken Lashes? Alternative Methods
If you want thicker lashes and you have more time, you can try special eyelash serums. Applied regularly, they let you achieve sensational and long-term results that are noticeable even without makeup products. Such lash enhancers are rich in vitamins and extracts that improve eyelash hair and stimulate lash growth. The boosted lash volume is not merely the result of every hair being thicker, but also the growth of new lashes. Such products are highly rated by users - they are worth considering.
Castor oil works well too. This is the best home method and wallet-friendly way to get thicker lashes. Castor oil is a rich source of fatty acids and vitamin E. It makes lashes more resistant to falling out and builds their elasticity. Applied on lashes, castor bean oil promotes growth of new lashes. Still, it takes time to show its performance.